Sunday, February 1, 2009

shredder.

so i took snowboarding trip #2 yesterday up to the beautiful crystal mountain. last time it was mission ridge and i certainly did not leave that mountain satisfied with my performance and certainly not victorious. happily, i can say i feel like i broke even yesterday at crystal!!! woo hoo! as frustrated as i get with myself when i'm not good at something right away, i'm doing my best to learn patience and take it step by step. down at MR, turning sideways and flying down the hill fast scared the crap out of me! yesterday at crystal, i finally got a little gutsy and worked on turning sideways - with success! it's extremely exhilarating! i can see why my friends love this sport! obviously, i'm no shaun white yet - far from it - but i'm slowly but surely improving and i can't wait to try again! i only hope that my doting boyfriend can continue to be as patient as he has been with me :) i will get better, and sooner or later, will hopefully be able to keep up with him... the speed racer that he is!

besides the improvements of my boarding skills yesterday, i have definitely paid the price!! my body hurts in places i didn't know i could hurt, i am still pretty tired after almost 12 hours of sleep, aaaaaand i think i broke my ass. despite the multiple new bruises and sore muscles, i think the falls were worth the fun :) i can finally check one thing off my list of things that i have wanted to learn how to do for years!! i wasn't kidding when i said that i was ready to learn new things this year! next on my list... golf - haha, but thats going to have to wait. i will hone my newfound love of snowboarding to where i am comfortable going up to the mountain on my own... and then tackle the greens!

as much as i would love to hang out on my couch today and be entirely worthless, today is super bowl sunday and i have to root on the cardinals... hopefully the steelers don't cheat their way into another win - like when they STOLE our super bowl! so today will be a day full of things i love: food, beer, football, and friends :) happy superbowl sunday friends, and GO CARDS!

god bless!

1 comment:

  1. The Steelers stole another one...so annoying! I think it was the same set of Ref's, must've been! Congrats on the boarding, I remember those aches and pains, it hurts so good:)

    ReplyDelete