Wednesday, February 11, 2009

procrastinator.

let me preface this entry by saying that i am one of the worst procrastinators out there. when it comes to checking things off my to-do list, i have a horrible time rousing the self-encouragement to g0 get it done right away. this goes for working out, cleaning my room, grocery shopping - you get the point. lately though, i think i've gotten better about pushing back need-to-do tasks in exchange for want-to-do tasks. this is monumental for me people! this past week has been a perfect example of this... read on.

i woke up monday morning with the usual monday morning groggies - the whole 'drag myself out of bed' attitude, feeling as if i hadn't gotten enough sleep, when in fact, i know i did. after a quick shower and day prep - i felt a wave of motivation - i got to work a half hour early, which is something that happens here and there - but not frequently, got a few things i had been putting off checked off my work to-do list, and went on with my day. after work, i got home and started making a list of things that i wanted to accomplish this week before i left town for the weekend - let me tell ya, my list was not short - mostly because i hate leaving town with a mess at home. i started with the biggest thing on my list - to clean my kitchen. i have weird little quirks about my kitchen... things like how the dishwasher is organized, how my silverware tray is organized (each utensil has it's place!), etc etc. i went about my re-organizing, i cleaned out the refrigerator, did all the dishes, and it dawned on me - wow, our floor is pretty dirty. i spent right around an hour on my hands and knees scrubbing the hell out of our floor - a work out for sure AND something not even on my to-do list! i felt a sense of accomplishment over something so trivial and necessary! so to top off my evening of feeling oh so victorious in my kitchen - i decided i obviously couldn't just stop there - so i did about 3 loads of laundry - which is something i HATE doing.

now i know it's a slow start to this whole non-procrastinating thing, but i continued my diligence on completing my to-do list last night by cleaning my bathroom and bedroom and re-organizing my closets. i rewarded myself last night by making a delicious dinner - baked chicken with a honey, soy sauce, & pineapple juice glaze topped with sliced pineapple, and stir fried vegetables and white rice... mmmm and topped off with a nice glass of reisling. YUM!next on my new list of things not to procrastinate about: exercise... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment