Friday, February 20, 2009

reunited.

I leave tonight to go see one of my best friends, Ellie, in CA. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to go see her!!! It's been almost 4 years since we last saw each other and, let me tell ya, that is WAY too long. Due to her first baby's premature arrival, a trip I had planned to make to see her almost 2 years ago, was forfeited - but now, she's healthy, plump with baby #2, and ready for me!

Ellie's and my history is brief - but FULL of laughter, adventure, and so many good memories. We were introduced in the Spring of 2005 by a good friend of mine - Jeff, who has always been like a big brother to me (ever since we met when I was 16 and we were both employees at the fine restaurant chain of McDonalds, which I have recently given up) - anyways, continuing. The night that Ellie and I connected as friends was a night where Jeff, Ellie, and I took a trip to the cliffs on Snake River (many of you know exa
ctly where I'm talking about) for a few beers and some time to soak up the summer sunshine. Post cliffs, we stopped at my favorite restaurant in Pullman - The Emerald (VERY classy place) for delicious Chinese food and banter... When Jeff realized that it was much easier for Ellie and I to make fun of him than it was for him to make fun of us, he knew he had created a witty monster by introducing us.

Our story continues with lots of drinking, camping trips, a Cinco de Mayo I don't think either of us will ever forget (or remember too much of), living together, The Jerk, I Heart Huckabees, laughing until we cried, and our art projects. We learned SO much about ourselves and each other that summer! Sadly, Ellie had to move home to Cali
fornia unexpectedly after that summer and I haven't seen her since, but the long phone calls and emails have not only strengthened our friendship/bond, they have made me realize that it is so easy to lose connections with people, but if the connection is worth it - you make it work, no matter the distance or time.

I'm sure I'll have TONS to write about after this long awaited weekend, but for now, all I can say is that I am ecstatic to leave and the day can't move faster!



No comments:

Post a Comment